Charitable organization automates cumbersome paper-based purchasing processes
The company is a charitable organization that works to help women enter the workplace, develop their skills, and build rewarding careers. Working with influencers, educators, and the government, the company influences the development of policies to support and benefit women and men equally.
PLANERGY was selected primarily to eliminate paperwork and to simplify the company’s procurement processes, which were outdated and complicated.
- No dedicated spend management system in place
- Paper POs were often incorrect, which made matching invoices to orders nearly impossible
- Little visibility into committed spend, resulting in “off the cuff” financial decisions
- The organization is subject to government funding, so a transparent PO system was required
- Centralized purchasing in one automated system, making it faster and more streamlined
- Transitioned all paper documents to the Cloud, making it easy to find, track, and match orders
- Gave the financial team the ability to see real-time budget impact before purchases happened
- Full order tracking provided complete transparency and auditability
Charitable organization supporting women’s rights
Big ambitions and small budgets are the name of the game for charitable organizations. Keeping costs down is incredibly important.
This was especially the case for this charitable organization that strives to help women achieve and prosper. It is funded by limited government grants, so every dollar counts.
On top of that, government funding requires that all purchases are detailed, tracked, and recorded. Purchasing transparency is not a luxury in this heavily regulated industry—it is a requirement.
The company was distributed across several locations which further complicated the purchasing process. Without a standardized, automated purchasing system, there was no standard PO template, so many POs were missing important fields. This made matching invoices to orders nearly impossible.
The team needed an automated system that could help the company do three primary things:
- Simplify its complex purchasing process
- Create, track, search, and log purchase orders
- Ensure compliance
The company chose PLANERGY because it solved all of these issues.
PLANERGY can give you greater peace of mindSchedule a Free Demo
With some best practices guidance from the PLANERGY team, the company’s purchasing process was simplified. Staff agreed that it was a massive time saver and considerably improved “first time around” compliance.
The system’s ability to search POs and invoices made key financial information available to key managers and purchasers when they needed it. The team no longer searched through stacks of paperwork because all order details were tracked in one easily accessible place.
Calculating accruals and committed spend was easier than ever. With full visibility into company spend, approvers could see real-time budget impacts before they gave the thumbs up on any purchases. More visibility into spending enabled staff to budget more effectively and optimize spending with preferred suppliers.
The Project Partner for this charitable organization said, “I would recommend PLANERGY because it can be customized to work with whatever historic procuring process you have. PLANERGY will result in a step change in both efficiency and compliance.”
Read More Case Studies Related to Non-Profits
Boy Scouts of America approves POs faster, freeing up time for more valuable workRead the Case Study »